Period Poverty Facts in Arizona
- In Arizona, 1 in 5 women and girls between the ages of 12 and 44 lives below the Federal Poverty Line.
- 1 in 4 teens in the US has missed class due to lack of access to period supplies.
- Approximately 1,516,246 women and girls between the ages of 12 and 44 live in the State of Arizona, almost 60% of families living in poverty struggle to keep up with bills and expenses, leaving little extra money to spend on other things such as personal care products including period supplies.
- There are approximately 392,000 girls and young women in Arizona between the ages of 11 and 18. Approximately 98,000 of those girls and young women have missed at least one day of school because to lack of access to period supplies. In Lake Havasu City, AZ these numbers are 2.539 and 635.
- The demand for period supplies among Jr. High and High School aged girls and young women in Lake Havasu City, for those who lack access, is approximately 13,500 tampons and/or pads a month… or 161,000 a year.
- The demand for period supplies among Jr. High and High School aged girls and young women in Bullhead City, for those who lack access, is approximately 7,100 tampons and/or pads a month… or 85,000 a year.
Our Donation Goals
To accomplish our mission, we need your help! Each month we strive to help supply as many women and girls with free access to period supplies as we can. Our product donation goals are growing as we do! Our current monthly product donation goals during our startup phase are:
7,500 Tampons and/or Pads per month
Please help by donating products and/or making a financial contribution, either at our Donation Page or at our main office in Lake Havasu City. If dropping off product donations, please drop off only new and unused boxes of products. You may also make product donations via our Amazon wishlist on the Donation page.